Bridal Makeup Trends 2017.Getting your makeup look just right on your big day is a tricky task for any bride.You want to ensure that any imperfections are covered but at the same time you don’t want your makeup to look heavy or ‘caked on.’To put it simply you want to look like your best self on your wedding day. And to help you find your perfect bridal look we’ve enlisted the help of The Wedding Journal Show and Benefit to show us how the top trends in bridal beauty can work for you.
1) Brow BeautifulA good brow shape is key to pulling your overall look togetherIt’s the year of the brow and big, bold, expertly tamed eyebrows are here to stay.A good brow shape acts as an instant eye lift framing your face and is essential for pulling your overall look together.
2) Modern MermaidWho doesn’t want luminous skin on their big day?Based on Sophia Websters’ fabulous London fashion week show, the modern mermaid is all about achieving luminous skin.A good highlighter is the key, especially one with coral undertones.
3) Sun Stripping
4) Two Toned LipAmp up your look for evening with a cherry lip stain Not as scary as it sounds, the two toned lip showcases the top two shades in bridal lip wear, cherry red and neutral.Wear a neutral shade of lipstick for the ceremony and then enhance your look in the evening with a striking cherry red lip stain.
5) Blue EyesBlue eyeshadow is the new way to work a smokey eyeBlue eye make-up (yes you heard right) is a huge trend in the bridal world at the moment, with brides opting to upgrade their smoky eye with hues of blue.If you find this look too extreme, dial back the drama by subtly adding a blue tone under the eyelashes. This make-up technique is called, the undersmoke.
6) Sunset EyesA sunset palette looks amazing on most skin tonesThe colours pallet used for sunset eyes works well on most skin tones and is best suited to the late summer bride.Ask your make-up artist to use pastel colours with lots of blush to create the ideal glowing effect.
7) 90’s LinerA soft romantic look paired with a strong 90s eyeliner is a key bridal trend at the momentFrom wedding dresses, to hair trends and now make-up, we’re seeing a more relaxed look hitting the bridal fashion shows.The emphasis is on soft, romantic styles and the revival of 90’s style eyeliner is extremely fitting. Apply eyeliner along and underneath the lash line then blend with a cotton bud to achieve this dreamy look.
8) A Hint of GlitterAdd some subtle glamour to your look with a metallic eyeshadowPossibly one of the biggest bridal make up trends ever, brides can’t get enough of metallic and sparkle.For a twinkle in your eye, use glitter eyeliner or apply a slick of clear lip gloss along the eyelid and carefully add some glitter. Best for winter brides, this look will have you shining all night.
9) Lash it UpPrep your eyelashes with primer before applying your mascaraBrides love huge eyelashes, but for 2017 we’re all about the natural lash.Benefit recommends getting the most out of your own eyelashes by using They’re real! tinted primer to dramatically boost length and separate lashes before applying mascara.
10) Colour Block EyeA colour blocking look can be a very flattering choiceFor the more daring bride, a colour block eye can be achieved using a hard angled brush to square off your eyeshadow rather than blending it.Don’t miss out on a free Benefit goodie bag worth €30 with every VIP Wedding Journal Show ticket. The Wedding Journal Show is coming to Citywest, Dublin on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th September. Get your tickets online here.And if that wasn’t enough we’re also giving one lucky couple the chance to win the honeymoon of their dreams to the Bahamas courtesy of The Wedding Journal Show, CarribeanBlue.ie and the Bahamas Tourist Office.